background

October 5, 2010

Homemade Playdough

Homemade playdough always brings back great memories for us. With 4 kids and doing daycare this was the way to go with playdough. The kids would help make it and then they could play with it. The imagination runs wild with playdough.




Materials

Bowl

1 cup cold water

1 cup salt

2 teaspoons vegetable oil

Tempera paint or food coloring

3 cups flour

2 tablespoons cornstarch




Directions

In bowl, mix water, salt, oil, and enough tempera paint or food coloring to make a bright color.

Gradually add flour and cornstarch until the mixture reaches the consistency of bread dough.

Store this dough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this recipe! I still haven't made my own playdough.

    Just found you through the blog hop and I am your newest follower!

    Kate @ This Mom Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kate for following Frugal Mom Rocks. Hope you have fun with the playdough!

    Frugal Mom Rocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be making this! I went to Toys-r-us the other day to buy some, and after standing at the checkout for over 5 minutes with a screaming toddler and no one coming to help, I left it at the store.
    This way saves me more money anyway and looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
QualityHealth