background

August 9, 2010

French Breakfast Puffs


 


I got this recipes from The Pioneer Women website. This recipes is just amazing. You can't just have one. Very easy and fast. Enjoy!

French Breakfast Puffs

Ingredients


3 cups Flour

3 teaspoons Baking Powder

1 teaspoon Salt

½ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg

1 cup Sugar

⅔ cups Shortening (Crisco)

2 whole Eggs

1 cup Milk

1-½ cup Sugar

3 teaspoons Cinnamon

2 sticks Butter


Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.


In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.


In a different bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening. Then add eggs and mix again. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.


Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden

In a bowl, melt 2 sticks butter. In a separate bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Dip baked muffins in butter, coating thoroughly, then coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
 
P.S. I melted both sticks of butter and noticed that was not needed. Try 1 stick of butter. This recipe made more batter then I thought it would. I made 18 muffins and 2 mini loafs of bread. I only dipped the tops of the muffins and bread.

1 comment:

  1. OMG... This are my fav. at home they are called "KRAPFEN" ( in germany)... I have not had them since I left home 13 years ago.. I soo will have to make them...
    Melanie
    www.twoboysonegirlandacrazymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
QualityHealth